His precious Lily
It has been a long time since I have really felt motivated to write about much of anything! I keep beginning blog posts then deleting them because I can't figure out how to get across what's on my heart. But tonight I think I may have something! =) Finally!
First, let me just say how amazed I am, yet again, at the impeccable timing of God's timing. Literally. He has super awesome time management skills and I really should take notes from him. haha. He knows exactly when I need something and knows exactly what it is. =) With that, I want to share a quick story.
Over the summer a friend of mine from YWAM and I took a road trip up the east coast. If you're friends with me on facebook you probably saw some of those pictures. =) Anyway, we spent some time in NYC on this trip and while we were there we visited a house of prayer that we found there. During our time there, we were instructed to split into groups of 2 or 3 and pray for each other. I confess, I had no idea what to expect, because I had never met any of these people and I didn't know exactly what they believed about prayer and things of the Holy Spirit. I ended up being paired with a guy and a girl and they introduced themselves and then started praying over me. I was completely blown away, because they prayed over me with power and authority and I felt the Holy Spirit's presence so strongly. Then they knocked my socks off and started prophesying over me, which I completely did not expect! Everything they said was completely spot on, and exactly what I needed to hear in that moment. Unbeknownst to them, I had actually really been struggling within myself that day and just feeling really beaten down and worn out emotionally and spiritually. Through them, the Lord shared with me that he loves me and cares for me so much that he is very gentle with me. Almost like how when you have a really expensive, valuable piece of china you treat it with extra care because not only is it extremely valuable, but also very fragile. The Lord said that even when I felt others were not gentle with me, he would be.
If you know me at all, you know I have a very sensitive spirit and I feel everything very deeply. For a long time I hated this about myself because it can be pretty painful, but the Lord has shown me that it is a gift, and he is teaching me to steward said gift wisely and with discernment. I was incredibly blessed by these strangers sharing this word from the Lord with me, because it's something I have desired but never had the courage to ask for. I always felt that it was too much trouble to ask for a little more gentleness and I didn't want to burden anyone. But the Lord showed me that he loves me so extravagantly that he cares about the secret desires of our heart, things that we're afraid to voice for fear of scorn. So of course, in typical Jessie fashion, I started crying. =P But basically the Lord really left me speechless with that encounter. I never saw it coming. =)
But then it gets better! =) I have kept that prophecy I received several months ago near to my heart, and remembered it when I feel bruised and battered. Tonight I was feeling a little that way. The Lord shared some things with me tonight at church that really blessed me. Then on the way home tonight I stopped by a friend's house to say good-bye before she leaves in the morning. She gave me a painting she painted several years ago that I have secretly been coveting ever since I saw it. I had no idea she was intending to give it to me, so I was pretty excited. Then, I noticed on the back she had written a verse the Lord has given her to go with the painting. It was Hosea 10:12 "The Lord showers his love protecting His Lily, His delicate and precious Lily." Immediately what I just shared came to mind and I connected to two. How awesome is it that the Lord would work the timing out as such that I would receive that at just the perfect timing! I also love that my friend painted that and put that verse on the back several years ago with no intentions of giving it to me. But the Lord knew. =)
So that's it. I love how extravagantly God loves me, and the great lengths He goes to show it to me. I am also so thankful for the people he's placed in my life who build me up and are there for me when I need them. =) He's so so good!
-Jessie
First, let me just say how amazed I am, yet again, at the impeccable timing of God's timing. Literally. He has super awesome time management skills and I really should take notes from him. haha. He knows exactly when I need something and knows exactly what it is. =) With that, I want to share a quick story.
Over the summer a friend of mine from YWAM and I took a road trip up the east coast. If you're friends with me on facebook you probably saw some of those pictures. =) Anyway, we spent some time in NYC on this trip and while we were there we visited a house of prayer that we found there. During our time there, we were instructed to split into groups of 2 or 3 and pray for each other. I confess, I had no idea what to expect, because I had never met any of these people and I didn't know exactly what they believed about prayer and things of the Holy Spirit. I ended up being paired with a guy and a girl and they introduced themselves and then started praying over me. I was completely blown away, because they prayed over me with power and authority and I felt the Holy Spirit's presence so strongly. Then they knocked my socks off and started prophesying over me, which I completely did not expect! Everything they said was completely spot on, and exactly what I needed to hear in that moment. Unbeknownst to them, I had actually really been struggling within myself that day and just feeling really beaten down and worn out emotionally and spiritually. Through them, the Lord shared with me that he loves me and cares for me so much that he is very gentle with me. Almost like how when you have a really expensive, valuable piece of china you treat it with extra care because not only is it extremely valuable, but also very fragile. The Lord said that even when I felt others were not gentle with me, he would be.
If you know me at all, you know I have a very sensitive spirit and I feel everything very deeply. For a long time I hated this about myself because it can be pretty painful, but the Lord has shown me that it is a gift, and he is teaching me to steward said gift wisely and with discernment. I was incredibly blessed by these strangers sharing this word from the Lord with me, because it's something I have desired but never had the courage to ask for. I always felt that it was too much trouble to ask for a little more gentleness and I didn't want to burden anyone. But the Lord showed me that he loves me so extravagantly that he cares about the secret desires of our heart, things that we're afraid to voice for fear of scorn. So of course, in typical Jessie fashion, I started crying. =P But basically the Lord really left me speechless with that encounter. I never saw it coming. =)
But then it gets better! =) I have kept that prophecy I received several months ago near to my heart, and remembered it when I feel bruised and battered. Tonight I was feeling a little that way. The Lord shared some things with me tonight at church that really blessed me. Then on the way home tonight I stopped by a friend's house to say good-bye before she leaves in the morning. She gave me a painting she painted several years ago that I have secretly been coveting ever since I saw it. I had no idea she was intending to give it to me, so I was pretty excited. Then, I noticed on the back she had written a verse the Lord has given her to go with the painting. It was Hosea 10:12 "The Lord showers his love protecting His Lily, His delicate and precious Lily." Immediately what I just shared came to mind and I connected to two. How awesome is it that the Lord would work the timing out as such that I would receive that at just the perfect timing! I also love that my friend painted that and put that verse on the back several years ago with no intentions of giving it to me. But the Lord knew. =)
So that's it. I love how extravagantly God loves me, and the great lengths He goes to show it to me. I am also so thankful for the people he's placed in my life who build me up and are there for me when I need them. =) He's so so good!
-Jessie
Comments