Nothing worth doing is ever going to be easy. If you really want something you have to suck it up, put your nose to the grind, and just do it. Yeah, I know that was an overuse of cliches right there. :)

This is something I am learning in more than one aspect of my life right now. I can't say it's the most fun lesson I have ever had to learn. :(

In my relationship with the Lord, if I want further intimacy I have to push in deeper. Intimacy with the Lord doesn't just happen overnight. It's like in any relationship. Closeness takes time. The people you know the best are generally the ones you spend the most time with. It's the same with the Lord.

I am also learning this with school. I really want to be a nurse. I knew going into it that nursing school was going to be difficult, but being told that doesn't exactly prepare you for when it happens. I have been sick the past few days and really not into the whole studying thing. It's hard to concentrate on something that isn't exactly super interesting. I was sitting here thinking about all this tonight and I realized that it's really up to me if I do this. If I want to be a nurse I have to put the effort into studying that it is going to take to get me there. In the past I have been able to do well in school without much effort, but nursing school is not the same way and I am having to study much harder than I ever have had to in the past. Let me tell you.. it's a pain in the butt. haha

So.. my lesson for the day: If you really want something, be willing to work hard for it. Also, an added bonus is that you will value much more highly the thing which you had to work hard for versus the thing that was handed to you. :) Ciao!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bucket List