Testimonies & Having the Mind of Christ

Church today was amazing. We didn't even have a normal service, it was incredible.

The gist of it was that we need to have a heart for the lost. How can we have true intimacy with the Lord if we don't have that? Because we know God thinks about those who don't know him all the time. So shouldn't we?

We heard some amazing testimonies from people in my church who have been going out and evangelizing on Friday nights. At least 5 (not sure the exact number) people got saved this past Friday night! Hallelujah! I love seeing people actually telling others about Jesus! So often in our culture it is frowned upon to tell others about Jesus or to share our faith in any way. But Jesus said to go into all the world and share the gospel! How can we do this if we keep it to ourselves?

I personally struggle with this a lot. I spend a lot of time around people who don't know Jesus at school and at work. I sometimes hesitate to tell others about my faith because I don't want to be ridiculed and I don't want to cause waves. I also sometimes don't feel confident in my ability to adequately express how amazing Jesus is. I get tongue tied and afraid that I'll sound like an idiot. I don't want to sound like some ignorant person who just follows what I've been told. I want people to know I think for myself and I have personally experienced how amazing Jesus is. How do you share that with someone?

I get frustrated when people try to debate Christianity and prove it's truth. We shouldn't have to. The amazing thing about following Jesus, the whole reason I devote my life to him, is because I have experienced his goodness and mercy in my life. That experience is not something you can debate about. You can argue Christianity till you're blue in the face, and maybe you'll even be right and "win" the debate, but that won't win people to Jesus.

The people from my church who have been going out and praying for people have been asking if anyone has pain and wants them to pray for healing. They have also been asking the Lord to give them words of knowledge for people. Through this, people are experiencing God's power and goodness. They feel something different. That is why people are accepting Jesus in their lives. It's not because they are going out and arguing Christianity or anything like that.

I was really challenged today to be more outward minded. So often I get wrapped up in what's going on in my life and what I'm stressed about today, that I forget to see people around me. I forget to ask the Lord to show me how he sees situations around me and people around me. It is incredible how having the mind of Christ and asking him to give me his eyes and ears truly changes my perception of everything around me. It's amazing.

So I want to challenge all of you, to ask the Lord to give you his eyes and ears to see everything around you, and to be bold and unafraid to share your faith with others. This is something I am challenging myself to do as well so we can do it together. =) Something that I thought about today, is if Jesus is as amazing as I know him to be, why am I not sharing his amazingness more with others around me? I should be shouting it on the rooftops how amazing he is! =)

Blessings!
-Jessie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bucket List