simple. revelation.
Maybe this will come across as rather simple, but it is something I had some revelation on today that I desperately needed. Here it is.
Read your Bible.
Ha.. reading my Bible is something that I have sadly neglected as of late. It's not that I haven't been spending time with the Lord, I have. But I haven't spent very much time actually in study of the Word. Today, I had some time and so I read Ecclesiastes. A lot of people don't like that book because it's very dark and sometimes depressing, but I find so much wisdom there. It's not always my favorite book, but today it was just what I needed to read. =)
After I finished reading, I spent some time in prayer and I felt such peace. It's like there was this piece missing. I have had a rough few days and found myself getting stressed and trying to do things in my own strength again. Something as simple as reading my Bible made a huge difference in my day today! =)
That's about it. I guess I just want to encourage you to make time for reading your Bible. It is such an important aspect of our walk with Jesus.
Have a great day!
-Jessie
Read your Bible.
Ha.. reading my Bible is something that I have sadly neglected as of late. It's not that I haven't been spending time with the Lord, I have. But I haven't spent very much time actually in study of the Word. Today, I had some time and so I read Ecclesiastes. A lot of people don't like that book because it's very dark and sometimes depressing, but I find so much wisdom there. It's not always my favorite book, but today it was just what I needed to read. =)
After I finished reading, I spent some time in prayer and I felt such peace. It's like there was this piece missing. I have had a rough few days and found myself getting stressed and trying to do things in my own strength again. Something as simple as reading my Bible made a huge difference in my day today! =)
That's about it. I guess I just want to encourage you to make time for reading your Bible. It is such an important aspect of our walk with Jesus.
Have a great day!
-Jessie
Comments