Update Time! =)

Wow! I haven't written in months! I think I completely forgot about this blog, I have been busy living life and haven't had much time for documenting my thoughts.

A lot has happened since December 11th (the last time I wrote), I don't even know where to start! I'll begin the basics, I have found a new church home, (I'm REALLY excited about this), I successfully passed NUR-111, and now I have successfully passed 112. I'm now in 113 which is OB/Peds. I'm also REALLY excited about this because I find the whole process of pregnancy/birth really fascinating yet slightly terrifying. I cannot promise that by the end of the class I won't have decided on adoption.. (haha), but somehow I have a feeling that once I am married (someday) my opinions on all that will change yet again. =) But that's besides the point. Another big thing that has happened is that I moved out of my parent's house! This is huge because until recently I really didn't think that it was even remotely a possibility due to my financial situation. But, the Lord provided a way and I am now living on my own complete with 2 housemates whom I adore.  =) It has been really exciting (and admittedly slightly stressful) trying to figure out the ins and outs of living on my own and taking care of my own place. Yes, I have lived apart from my parents before, but this is the first time I have taken on an apartment (and all the responsibilities that come with it). So far so good!

The Lord has been teaching me so much these past months, I wish I could share all of it but that would take awhile. A big part of what the Lord has been teaching me is related to my new church. I LOVE my new church family. I still don't know a lot of people, but there is such a freedom in that place and I can tell that they really are a family. There is so much peace there and I find myself really looking forward to being there every Sunday. Through a lot of the people there, the Lord is showing me new things about Himself and about His personality. As I am getting to know Him better I am learning and recognizing more and more aspects of who God is that I hadn't noticed before. It's really exciting!

One of the biggest things I am learning to recognize is the incredible peace that comes with simply abiding in God's presence. I am learning to rest in His arms more and strive to "be good" or "do good" less. There is so much freedom in that! I have a renewed hunger and passion to be with the Lord and just enjoy His presence. No pressure! I don't have to work at being better or change anything! It's a huge load off my shoulders! And you know what's so cool about that? A lot of the things I have tried to change for so long aren't there anymore! There's just something about BEING with the Lord that frees me to be more like Him. I love Him so much, and so behaviors that are pleasing to Him flow out of me more often than they used to. Of course, I am not perfect and still have a long way to go, but I am so excited for where the Lord is taking me! He's such a good God, I get excited just thinking about how good He is. =)

On that note, it's time for me to go look up pediatric medications for class tomorrow. =) I will try my best to remember to write here more often!

-Jessie


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bucket List