Memories. =)
For the past few days I have been remembering a lot of things from my DTS. I know that that season of my life is over, but it impacted me forever and sometimes I really miss it. I sometimes wish I could go back to that time, but at the same time I know the Lord has me in a new season, and I am very excited about the new things he is teaching me and about the new places I will go. When I am really honest with myself, I wouldn't go back. DTS was amazing, but it was meant to only be a season in my life. It was meant to be preparation for something greater that the Lord has for me in the future. =)
In memory of my time in Amsterdam, I thought I would share some photos with you of my time there. I also spent time in Israel and in Ukraine, but I will save pictures of those places for another post. =)
I chose this picture because some of my favorite things about Amsterdam were the crooked, unsymmetrical buildings all squished together, and my other favorite thing about Amsterdam was traveling by bike. This picture captures a little of both. =)In Amsterdam, when you don't want something anymore, you put it on the side of the street. The trash people come pick it up, but if you're lucky you can get to it before the trash people do. A friend of mine found a really cool chair one day, and then one day we came across this Christmas tree. I think it's hilarious that it was just sitting in the middle of the sidewalk. Reminds me of the Charlie Brown Christmas tree. =)
This is Samaritan's Inn. Upstairs is housing for YWAM staff, downstairs is one of the coolest cafes in Amsterdam. =) This building is also right across from the train station, so the word's God Roept U and Jesus Loves You, great incoming travelers from all over the world. =)
The I amsterdam sign. =)
Typical Dutch snacks, espresso and a waffle. SO yummy.
Exploring the city.
My friend Sarah and I accidentally disturbed a momma duck in the park as we were trying to capture pictures of the pretty daffodils. She was not happy with us.
Dutch shoes!
This is De Poort. This is the building I lived in while in Amsterdam and is also the main base for YWAM Amsterdam. I have so many memories here.
This picture is not from Amsterdam, it was taken in Israel, but it was the only picture I could find of the whole team together. =) I miss them all so much and they are all my brothers and sisters. =) I love them and miss them so much.
My time in Amsterdam was many things, but the best part of it all was not the city or the pretty sights, it was what I learned while I was there. It was the healing that took place in my heart and mind through the teachings and ministry I received there. God used my time during DTS to completely transform me as a person and I will never be the same. =) God is so good!
-Jessie




Comments