wwjd

It's really late. Or perhaps the right way to put that is that it's really early. Either way, I am just now going to bed but I have something on my heart that I want to share first.

I don't even know where to begin, I just know that my heart is breaking for the lost and for those in bondage, physical and spiritual alike. Tonight the Lord reminded me of what he has done in my life, and reminded me of what I live for. I have been struggling lately with putting other things first, but tonight I really got down to it and asked myself, "Why do I do what I do? What is my purpose and why am I here?" I know the answers to these questions, but sometimes it is easy to get caught up in the busyness of life and forget. I was reminded tonight.

I feel overwhelmed when I think about how huge the need is in this world for people to shine God's light. The harvest is plenty but the workers are few. I know for myself I have not been doing a very good job of shining the Lord's light lately. I'm not perfect, and I'm not condemning myself, I'm just recognizing that I haven't been fully depending on the Lord. I have been trying to do things in my own strength, and when I do that, it shows. It shows is how I respond when people are rude, it shows in how I drive, it shows in how I treat others, and it shows in how I live when no one is looking. My relationship with the Lord affects every aspect of my life.

Thankfully, it is not up to me to save the world. It is only up to me to live for Jesus and let him shine through me in every way. That is my goal, no matter where I am or what I'm doing. There's a lot more to that than just wearing a WWJD bracelet and quoting Bible verses. It's about how we live.


I want to challenge you to go and read the book of John. If you have read it already, go read it again. Really look at how Jesus lived. Look at how he spoke to people, how he responded when he was treated wrongly, how he treated the poor and the sick. Look at how he spoke to the Lord and how intimate the relationship between God and Jesus is. Also look at how Jesus had no home, no job, and very little education. Did he worry? Was he stressed? No. There has never been a man on earth more at peace than Jesus was. That's what we are called to and that is how I want to live. I want to live at peace, no matter my circumstances. That kind of peace only comes from true intimacy with the Lord. It comes from knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt that God knows what he's doing and he holds you in his hands. It comes in trusting God to do a better job taking care of you than you can do for yourself.

That, is what I hunger for.

Lord, I ask that you would bless every single person reading this. I ask that you would open the eyes of their heart and give them understanding. Lead them into a life of intimacy with you that they may live a life filled with peace and joy. Thank you for being everything we need, even when we don't know enough to ask for it. =) I love you, Lord. In Jesus' name, amen.

Be blessed,
Jessie

Comments

Rebecca said…
I love you dearly, and am so moved by your heart.
Jessie Cal said…
I love you too, Rebecca. =)

Popular posts from this blog

Bucket List