Not just for Thanksgiving.

I don't have anything eloquent or thought provoking to say tonight. I just want to say one thing.

I am so thankful for the Lord in my life. No, I'm not saying that just because it's Thanksgiving. I'm saying that, because right now I feel like a mess, and I feel like I am falling apart more than just a little, but despite it all I have peace in knowing that the Lord has me in His hands and He is trustworthy. I can't see the light yet, but I know that even though I don't understand where I am at the moment, He sees the bigger picture and He is carrying me through it. I am comforted by this, because that means I don't have to hold it all together on my own. It means I don't have to try to be perfect, because I'm not, and I don't have to put on a happy face all the time. It's okay to be sad. It's okay to have a good cry once in awhile. It's okay to struggle. It's what I do with it in the end that matters.

Thank you, Father, for always holding my best interests at heart. Thank you for not always giving me what I want or think I need. Thank you for your comforting touch and refreshment that always gets me through tough times. And thank you for molding me and shaping me in your image. Thank you for using life's challenges to make me stronger. =) You are worthy of my praise and you are trustworthy. You are my perfect Daddy and my best friend. You are my everything. I love you. =)
-Jessie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bucket List