Mars, Jesus, and The Human Body. =)


“Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow.”

Food for thought. I need to get better at trying things that I'm not sure if I can master. In that way, I allow God to get the glory for my triumph, and I learn to trust him more. =) Then, of course, I will grow. 

Growth is such a beautiful thing, yes? Nothing around us stays the same. Everything is always growing.. changing. I love it. I love the beauty of creation and how it reflects the creativity of our Creator God. =) He amazes me every day. 

A few days ago I came home from work late. I live in the country, and as I got out of my car I looked up. The sky was FULL of stars. There is something so majestic about stars. I took an Astronomy class a year or so ago, so I know a little more detail about stars than some might. The more I learn, the more I marvel at God's craftsmanship. 

In class right now, we are learning about oxygenation and perfusion. Basically that's how our bodies get oxygen to each part of the body and how blood flow works. There's much more to it than that, but here's my point: when I look at the finest details of how our bodies work to get oxygen all the way to every corner of our brain and down to our big toe, I am speechless at the detail and perfection. God orchestrated every detail of our body so perfectly. Then I contrast that with the vastness of the stars and planets (did you know Mars is visible late at night right now?), and I get excited about how big my God is, while at the same time being so intimately involved with the details of humans. So cool!!!

=) This is the kind of stuff that makes me excited. Excited about life, about following Jesus, and about everything I get to experience while chasing after him. It makes me excited about eternity. Just to think that I get to spend eternity in the physical presence of God! That gives me shivers just to think about. I could go off on a whole other tangent about eternity but I won't right now. That would take too long. haha. Suffice to say I AM EXCITED!!!! =) I hope you are too, because it's going to be an eternal party you don't want to miss! =) Jesus, please come back soon!!

-Jessie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bucket List