Isn't it amazing how the love of Jesus covers our sins? I don't know about you, but I mess up rather frequently. I am far from perfect. I've been thinking about this a lot the past week, because I have had more than one opportunity to beat myself up over something I've done. The old habits of self-condemnation try to come back and lies like, "why do you even try? You're never going to be good enough. It doesn't really matter anyways right?"

Thankfully I know those statements aren't true. But there was a time when I would have beaten myself up and believed those very lies. It wasn't that long ago when I truly believed I was an awful person who wasn't good enough and who never would be. I believed that I wasn't worth it.

That feels so awful to me now. It makes me sad that I used to believe those things about myself, and it makes me angry that I allowed the devil to tell me those lies for so long. Because now I know the truth. And the truth really does set you free. =)

You know what makes all this so beautiful? Is that he loves me that much. And he loves you that much. I wish I could magically make you understand how this feels. If you haven't already experienced His love, you should.. because he's just waiting to share it with you. Think about the deepest form of love you can imagine and then multiply it times a million. That's just a taste of God's love for you. His love is so perfect and it is overwhelming. It's ecstasy. It's 100% pure and you can't stop it. Even if you don't realize it, he loves you. =) Let him show you his love. It's beyond worth it and it will change your life. All I know is that the love of Christ has completely altered who I am. I am a completely different person than I was, and I love it. I love myself too. I know that sounds like an odd statement.. but think about it. How could I not love something that was created by God? God makes all things beautiful and he doesn't make mistakes. That includes me. He created me, so how can I not look at myself and other humans as well in wonder? We are all masterpieces and no one can put a price on us. =)

Well, I could go on and on but I'll stop now. I just get so excited about Him that sometimes I can't stand it. I have to share it. I hope you'll put away your preconceived notions and prejudices and give him a try. =) He's nothing like the history books have made him out to be. He's amazing. But he's not for the faint hearted. Following him isn't easy and it will change you for the better. Also, following him will mean that the rest of the world will think you're a little strange and maybe even they won't want anything to do with you. But don't let that stop you. =)

-Jessie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bucket List