I want to address my fellow Christian brothers and sisters here. I have a few questions for you.
What is the point of following Jesus, if you don't let him change you?
As Christians, we are called to be radically different. We are not called to be polished versions of the world and we are not called to be politically correct. Jesus was considered a rebel in his time and was arrested and killed for his ministry. I'm not saying that we all should go get arrested for the sake of the gospel, but we need to live that way. If you're worried about offending someone because you believe and they don't... that's a problem. We should not have to apologize for what we believe. I'm not saying that we should shove our faith down someone's throat, but don't back down because someone doesn't agree with you. Be firm in what you believe. So if you claim to be a Christian, but your lifestyle is that of the world, are you really a Christian? I'm not referring to someone who sins on occasion, I am referring to someone who lives a lifestyle of sin.
So.. I go back to my initial question. What is the point of following Jesus if you don't let him change you?
What is the point of following Jesus, if you don't let him change you?
As Christians, we are called to be radically different. We are not called to be polished versions of the world and we are not called to be politically correct. Jesus was considered a rebel in his time and was arrested and killed for his ministry. I'm not saying that we all should go get arrested for the sake of the gospel, but we need to live that way. If you're worried about offending someone because you believe and they don't... that's a problem. We should not have to apologize for what we believe. I'm not saying that we should shove our faith down someone's throat, but don't back down because someone doesn't agree with you. Be firm in what you believe. So if you claim to be a Christian, but your lifestyle is that of the world, are you really a Christian? I'm not referring to someone who sins on occasion, I am referring to someone who lives a lifestyle of sin.
So.. I go back to my initial question. What is the point of following Jesus if you don't let him change you?
Comments