I really want to get in better shape.
I am pretty sure I have been saying this for awhile. Actually I know I have. I am the queen of good intentions, but in the area of healthy diet/exercise I am not very disciplined. Thankfully, discipline is something learned.. so somehow I just have to learn it. Funny how we can be disciplined in one area but not in the other.. hmm..
Anyway, so what I would like to do is start taking zumba classes. I've tried it once before and I loved it but I hadn't found anything near where I live till recently. Hopefully this will work out! I'm just afraid that this will turn out like everything else... I go for a few weeks then quit because I get lazy. =/
Despite my sedentary lifestyle, I find that my biggest challenge is my eating habits. I love food! And I seem to love the sugary, salty, fattening, calorie and carbohydrate laden kinds of food. I have definitely been educated on what foods are healthy and all that. I have the tools to make good choices but most of the time I don't anyways. Kind of like the smoker who knows exactly what smoking does to them. Yeah.. overeating can be just as dangerous. That scares me a little.
I wish there was a magic button I could press that instantly took away cravings for unhealthy food but unfortunately it doesn't work that way. I'm not going to make some pledge on here that I can't carry out.. because bottom line: I need to do this for me. Not for anyone else. My reason for wanting to be healthy should be because I want to take care of this body that God gave me, not abuse it like I have been.
So if you think about it, please keep me in your prayers in this specific area. =) Thanks!
-Jessie
I am pretty sure I have been saying this for awhile. Actually I know I have. I am the queen of good intentions, but in the area of healthy diet/exercise I am not very disciplined. Thankfully, discipline is something learned.. so somehow I just have to learn it. Funny how we can be disciplined in one area but not in the other.. hmm..
Anyway, so what I would like to do is start taking zumba classes. I've tried it once before and I loved it but I hadn't found anything near where I live till recently. Hopefully this will work out! I'm just afraid that this will turn out like everything else... I go for a few weeks then quit because I get lazy. =/
Despite my sedentary lifestyle, I find that my biggest challenge is my eating habits. I love food! And I seem to love the sugary, salty, fattening, calorie and carbohydrate laden kinds of food. I have definitely been educated on what foods are healthy and all that. I have the tools to make good choices but most of the time I don't anyways. Kind of like the smoker who knows exactly what smoking does to them. Yeah.. overeating can be just as dangerous. That scares me a little.
I wish there was a magic button I could press that instantly took away cravings for unhealthy food but unfortunately it doesn't work that way. I'm not going to make some pledge on here that I can't carry out.. because bottom line: I need to do this for me. Not for anyone else. My reason for wanting to be healthy should be because I want to take care of this body that God gave me, not abuse it like I have been.
So if you think about it, please keep me in your prayers in this specific area. =) Thanks!
-Jessie
Comments