So I was thinking that maybe it's time to update my blog again. Since I'm trying to keep up with this thing and all that.. haha.
Over the past month I have been in the process of interviewing at one of the local hospitals. The hiring process can be quite lengthy, (up to 4 months even) so the fact that I have only been at this a month is actually not that bad. In this past month I have interview at 5 different departments within the hospital. Let me tell you.. I do not like interviewing. It is nerve racking and exhausting! I can't wait for the process to be over and to start working. However, throughout this past month I have learned a lot about how much the Lord wants to take care of me. My prayer through this process has been that the Lord would open the correct doors and shut the incorrect ones. So far he has shut lots of doors. Some even that I thought were really great options. I was thinking about this today and was reminded of how when Samuel anointed David to be king, he thought all of David's brothers looked like good options. David had a lot of brother's too... Samuel must have been tired by the time he got to the end of the line. I know I am. But just at the end, God pointed Samuel to the right choice. I wonder if Samuel was beginning to feel a little hopeless? After all, David was out in the fields.. so Samuel must have thought he was at the end of the line until Jesse called in his last son. The Lord is using things like this to teach me to trust him. I've been feeling a little lost, and with this whole job thing, I have been wondering if it was even going to work out. I still don't know for sure if it will. But you know what? Whatever happens, I know that the Lord has the best for me. He knows the best far better than I do and he has shown me time and time again how much he delights in caring for my every need. It's such a wonderful thing to be cared for by the Lord. He makes me feel spoiled sometimes, because he gives me far more than I deserve. What an incredible thing to be loved so extravagantly! =)
That's what has been on my mind lately.. it's sometimes harder than it seems to learn to rest in the security of the Lord's love, but I'm learning to do this more and more. Thank goodness he loves me so much! =)
-Jessie
Over the past month I have been in the process of interviewing at one of the local hospitals. The hiring process can be quite lengthy, (up to 4 months even) so the fact that I have only been at this a month is actually not that bad. In this past month I have interview at 5 different departments within the hospital. Let me tell you.. I do not like interviewing. It is nerve racking and exhausting! I can't wait for the process to be over and to start working. However, throughout this past month I have learned a lot about how much the Lord wants to take care of me. My prayer through this process has been that the Lord would open the correct doors and shut the incorrect ones. So far he has shut lots of doors. Some even that I thought were really great options. I was thinking about this today and was reminded of how when Samuel anointed David to be king, he thought all of David's brothers looked like good options. David had a lot of brother's too... Samuel must have been tired by the time he got to the end of the line. I know I am. But just at the end, God pointed Samuel to the right choice. I wonder if Samuel was beginning to feel a little hopeless? After all, David was out in the fields.. so Samuel must have thought he was at the end of the line until Jesse called in his last son. The Lord is using things like this to teach me to trust him. I've been feeling a little lost, and with this whole job thing, I have been wondering if it was even going to work out. I still don't know for sure if it will. But you know what? Whatever happens, I know that the Lord has the best for me. He knows the best far better than I do and he has shown me time and time again how much he delights in caring for my every need. It's such a wonderful thing to be cared for by the Lord. He makes me feel spoiled sometimes, because he gives me far more than I deserve. What an incredible thing to be loved so extravagantly! =)
That's what has been on my mind lately.. it's sometimes harder than it seems to learn to rest in the security of the Lord's love, but I'm learning to do this more and more. Thank goodness he loves me so much! =)
-Jessie
Comments