A lot on my mind tonight..
Why is is so easy to do the things I don't want to do?
That's a silly question actually.. because I already know the answer. My issue is actually quite simple and easily fixed. When I'm doing these things I don't want to do, (not necessarily "bad" things, just not life giving things), it's because I'm looking for fulfillment and fascination in the wrong places. When I spend lots of time with the Lord and letting him fulfill and fascinate me, than I have no desire for those other things. It really is very simple. I think it's the same way for most people actually. Anytime we look for "entertainment," or fulfillment, or pleasure, or whatever else you want to call it; in a place other than in the Lord, we are going to end up dissatisfied. Period. What I have learned about myself, is that when I am satisfied in the Lord, those other things, (such as entertainment, food, friends, etc.,) are still enjoyable. This is because they are in the right place. But when I try to use those things to fulfill my need and desire for intimacy with the Lord, it doesn't work. I have learned this lesson before but somehow it's so easy to look to the wrong things for satisfaction.
Lord, please help me to seek my satisfaction only in you! I want to be fascinated only by you and your beauty. Forgive me for making idols of other things in my life. You are the Lord of my life. Thank you Lord for your faithfulness to me even though my love is weak. =) I love you. -Jessie
Why is is so easy to do the things I don't want to do?
That's a silly question actually.. because I already know the answer. My issue is actually quite simple and easily fixed. When I'm doing these things I don't want to do, (not necessarily "bad" things, just not life giving things), it's because I'm looking for fulfillment and fascination in the wrong places. When I spend lots of time with the Lord and letting him fulfill and fascinate me, than I have no desire for those other things. It really is very simple. I think it's the same way for most people actually. Anytime we look for "entertainment," or fulfillment, or pleasure, or whatever else you want to call it; in a place other than in the Lord, we are going to end up dissatisfied. Period. What I have learned about myself, is that when I am satisfied in the Lord, those other things, (such as entertainment, food, friends, etc.,) are still enjoyable. This is because they are in the right place. But when I try to use those things to fulfill my need and desire for intimacy with the Lord, it doesn't work. I have learned this lesson before but somehow it's so easy to look to the wrong things for satisfaction.
Lord, please help me to seek my satisfaction only in you! I want to be fascinated only by you and your beauty. Forgive me for making idols of other things in my life. You are the Lord of my life. Thank you Lord for your faithfulness to me even though my love is weak. =) I love you. -Jessie
Comments