YWAM Amsterdam
Hello friends!
I just wanted to let everyone know that I have finally heard back from YWAM Amsterdam, and I have officially been accepted to participate in their January 2011 DTS! I am so very excited to finally have it be official that I am going and be able to start planning everything! I leave in 3 and 1/2 months! How crazy is that? That's so soon!
For those of you who do not know, "Youth With A Mission is an international volunteer movement of Christians from many backgrounds, cultures and Christian traditions, dedicated to serving Jesus throughout the world." **http://ywam.org/About-YWAM**
For years I struggled with the age old question, "What do I do with my life?" I knew that I wanted to serve the Lord, but there was no specificity to my dreams and I felt a little lost. The Lord had made it clear that I was supposed to finish my Associates degree, but nothing beyond that. About a year ago the Lord gave me a little tidbit of direction. He put a passion in my heart to help girls who have been trafficked and showed me that that was where he wanted me to focus. That was all I got though, so I continued school and held it close to my heart, waiting for more direction. It wasn't until a few months before I was to graduate that the Lord finally showed me where to go next. YWAM in Amsterdam. For years I have wanted to be a full time missionary, but I always thought I would end up in Central America or Africa. I never in my wildest dreams would have guessed that God would call me to Europe. But He did and so I'm going! =)
When most people think of Europe they don't think of it as a place that needs God.. but they do! In the Netherlands alone, 42% of the population didn't consider themselves followers of any religion in 2004. There are also over 1 million people from the Muslim world in the Netherlands. Netherlands is one of the most liberal countries in the world. They pride themselves on being free-thinking and tolerant of any and every belief system out there. Amsterdam is the heart of the Netherlands. In Amsterdam, drugs and prostitution are legal and readily available everywhere you turn. A friend of mine who has been there shared with me that though there are a lot of old historical churches there, they are all empty and like museums more than churches. Because the culture is so tolerant, it attracts people from all over the world who want to escape from every day life. It attracts the lost. Also, because prostitution is legal, sex trafficking is rampant, and every days hundreds of girls are brought in to be introduced to the sex trade. This city needs Jesus!
For my part in things, in order to be a part of YWAM's staff as a missionary you have to complete their 6 month training program called DTS (Discipleship Training School). The first half of the DTS in purely training and includes classes, service, and mentoring. The second half is more hands on and we will be going out in teams to various other countries to minister to others.
Now here's the catch. It costs a lot of money! When I add up the cost for tuition, plane tickets, and living expenses while I'm there, I will need roughly 8,000 dollars, possibly a little more in order to go. I am in school right now but am working so I am able to save a little money but not very much. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God has called me to go to YWAM Amsterdam. He has confirmed this call on my life many times and so I am trusting Him to provide a way for me to go. =) This is where you come in. Will you help me get to Amsterdam by supporting me financially? I would only ask that you ask the Lord to impress upon you how much to give. Any amount will be appreciated greatly!! If you are unable to support me financially, you can still help me get their by praying for me! Ask the Lord to bring in the funds I need to get there, and also please just pray for me in general while I'm there as I will be learning a lot and stretched beyond my comfort zone.
My contact information is:
125 Mulberry Lane
Stokesdale, NC
27357
336-392-5799 or,
336-643-9902
You can make checks out to Jessica Corona or cash donations are accepted as well. Thank you so much for supporting me in any way you can! I will be sending anyone who supports me financially updates about how things are going while I'm there so if you want to be included in that please be sure to send my your email address so I can add you to my list. Thanks so much and God bless!
-Jessie
I just wanted to let everyone know that I have finally heard back from YWAM Amsterdam, and I have officially been accepted to participate in their January 2011 DTS! I am so very excited to finally have it be official that I am going and be able to start planning everything! I leave in 3 and 1/2 months! How crazy is that? That's so soon!
For those of you who do not know, "Youth With A Mission is an international volunteer movement of Christians from many backgrounds, cultures and Christian traditions, dedicated to serving Jesus throughout the world." **http://ywam.org/About-YWAM**
For years I struggled with the age old question, "What do I do with my life?" I knew that I wanted to serve the Lord, but there was no specificity to my dreams and I felt a little lost. The Lord had made it clear that I was supposed to finish my Associates degree, but nothing beyond that. About a year ago the Lord gave me a little tidbit of direction. He put a passion in my heart to help girls who have been trafficked and showed me that that was where he wanted me to focus. That was all I got though, so I continued school and held it close to my heart, waiting for more direction. It wasn't until a few months before I was to graduate that the Lord finally showed me where to go next. YWAM in Amsterdam. For years I have wanted to be a full time missionary, but I always thought I would end up in Central America or Africa. I never in my wildest dreams would have guessed that God would call me to Europe. But He did and so I'm going! =)
When most people think of Europe they don't think of it as a place that needs God.. but they do! In the Netherlands alone, 42% of the population didn't consider themselves followers of any religion in 2004. There are also over 1 million people from the Muslim world in the Netherlands. Netherlands is one of the most liberal countries in the world. They pride themselves on being free-thinking and tolerant of any and every belief system out there. Amsterdam is the heart of the Netherlands. In Amsterdam, drugs and prostitution are legal and readily available everywhere you turn. A friend of mine who has been there shared with me that though there are a lot of old historical churches there, they are all empty and like museums more than churches. Because the culture is so tolerant, it attracts people from all over the world who want to escape from every day life. It attracts the lost. Also, because prostitution is legal, sex trafficking is rampant, and every days hundreds of girls are brought in to be introduced to the sex trade. This city needs Jesus!
For my part in things, in order to be a part of YWAM's staff as a missionary you have to complete their 6 month training program called DTS (Discipleship Training School). The first half of the DTS in purely training and includes classes, service, and mentoring. The second half is more hands on and we will be going out in teams to various other countries to minister to others.
Now here's the catch. It costs a lot of money! When I add up the cost for tuition, plane tickets, and living expenses while I'm there, I will need roughly 8,000 dollars, possibly a little more in order to go. I am in school right now but am working so I am able to save a little money but not very much. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God has called me to go to YWAM Amsterdam. He has confirmed this call on my life many times and so I am trusting Him to provide a way for me to go. =) This is where you come in. Will you help me get to Amsterdam by supporting me financially? I would only ask that you ask the Lord to impress upon you how much to give. Any amount will be appreciated greatly!! If you are unable to support me financially, you can still help me get their by praying for me! Ask the Lord to bring in the funds I need to get there, and also please just pray for me in general while I'm there as I will be learning a lot and stretched beyond my comfort zone.
My contact information is:
125 Mulberry Lane
Stokesdale, NC
27357
336-392-5799 or,
336-643-9902
You can make checks out to Jessica Corona or cash donations are accepted as well. Thank you so much for supporting me in any way you can! I will be sending anyone who supports me financially updates about how things are going while I'm there so if you want to be included in that please be sure to send my your email address so I can add you to my list. Thanks so much and God bless!
-Jessie
Comments