Jesus, Jesus, Jesus

I said I would try to write in this thing more often and it's been almost a month since my last post. haha. Oh well. I have been busy out enjoying life and summer and friends and so have spent much less time on the computer as of late. I tend to think this is a good thing. =)

This will be a shorter post (I think) because there's not a lot new going on right now. =) I'm just enjoying life and learning more and more about Jesus. He's awesome! =)

I feel like right now is a period of falling more and more in love with him all over again. It's fantastic because just when you think you are beginning to understand what it means to follow and love Jesus, He shows you something new that just blows your mind and leaves you spinning. =) I am in the process of getting involved in more ministries in my church as well as helping a friend of mine who is a youth pastor. I'm kind of unofficially his assistant.. lol. At the moment I'm helping him plan an youth worship event and I'm really really excited about it. The church he is a youth pastor at has no youth budget, so they're having to raise all the money on their own and it's so cool to see God work! Not only that but this event will be bringing together at least 4 different church denominations in one place so I'm super excited to see youth groups here in Greensboro being unified and willing to work together! That's what it's all about! =)

YWAM emailed me recently informing me that they have received my application as well as my reference forms from friends and so now I'm just waiting for them to process it and let me know that I am officially accepted!! I can't wait to hear back! As I'm telling more and more people that I'm going to Amsterdam it's really neat to hear stories from people who have already been there. I have heard everything from how beautiful and historic the city is to how depressing and heavy the atmosphere is. One friend told me that she didn't like it there because no one ever smiles. This made me really really sad because for all the Amsterdam's tolerance and "open-mindedness" people aren't happy. She also said that of all the old churches there, they were all like museums. They were empty. =( These people need Jesus so much! I feel so inadequate to go over there as a minister! Thank goodness for God because there's no way I could do any of it by myself!

Well, so much for a shorter post. haha. I'm not good at those. But I do need to get off this computer and make myself useful. =) I have just been informed that my chores need doing. lol.

-Jessie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bucket List