Self-discipline
I just read one of my old blogs where I said I was going to start training for a 5k to do in December. It is now the end of May, and sadly I have no even begun training. I am not sure I want to anymore. However, I DO still want to be healthier! It is not even about being thinner anymore, although that will be a nice benefit, it is more about wanting to be healthy. I am tired of not having energy to do the things I want to do, or not being physically able to do some of those things.
I officially sent in my application for YWAM today. If all goes well, I will be leaving in January. That's about 6 months from now. I want to be healthy before I go. Surely in 6 months time I can learn to discipline myself to eat smaller portions and be more physically active. It's really not that hard, it's just a matter of doing it. I will not make excuses for myself. I am out of school now, I have time to exercise, I have time to plan healthier meals to take to work. I just have to do it.
Laziness has been a struggle for me all my life. I used to allow myself to wallow in it, but no more. In a lot of ways I am no lazy anymore, but in the area of my physical health I still struggle with finding the motivation to get off my butt and just do it. But, self-discipline is not just a good trait, it is a godly trait. As Christians we are expected to exercise discipline in our every aspect of our lives. This is not because we are perfectionists, this is because we want to be good stewards of what God has entrusted to us. God has given me this body, it is only right that I take good care of it. God has called me to be a light for Him, I should strive to be as bright a light as I can be. In everything I do I want to mirror Jesus. I am not advocating works above faith. I am also not saying that we should attempt to be disciplined of our own power. In my own life, any time I have tried to be discipline of my own volition I have failed. It is the times where I seek the Lord to help me be disciplined in an area and than take the steps to do so that I succeed. I have never succeeded just because I have incredible willpower. I have very little willpower actually. What I do have is an infinitely powerful God who can do amazing things through me if I just am a willing vessel. Sometimes we think that this only applies to big things, but I believe that this applies to every aspect of life. Even something as seemingly small as wanting to be self-disciplined to get healthy and lose some weight. God cares about that. I know He does. He has given me the tools I need, I just have to use them.
I am going to try to write in my blog more often. It is a good outlet and I miss writing. =) Be blessed and if you have any feedback or ideas please comment and share them with me!
-Jessie
I officially sent in my application for YWAM today. If all goes well, I will be leaving in January. That's about 6 months from now. I want to be healthy before I go. Surely in 6 months time I can learn to discipline myself to eat smaller portions and be more physically active. It's really not that hard, it's just a matter of doing it. I will not make excuses for myself. I am out of school now, I have time to exercise, I have time to plan healthier meals to take to work. I just have to do it.
Laziness has been a struggle for me all my life. I used to allow myself to wallow in it, but no more. In a lot of ways I am no lazy anymore, but in the area of my physical health I still struggle with finding the motivation to get off my butt and just do it. But, self-discipline is not just a good trait, it is a godly trait. As Christians we are expected to exercise discipline in our every aspect of our lives. This is not because we are perfectionists, this is because we want to be good stewards of what God has entrusted to us. God has given me this body, it is only right that I take good care of it. God has called me to be a light for Him, I should strive to be as bright a light as I can be. In everything I do I want to mirror Jesus. I am not advocating works above faith. I am also not saying that we should attempt to be disciplined of our own power. In my own life, any time I have tried to be discipline of my own volition I have failed. It is the times where I seek the Lord to help me be disciplined in an area and than take the steps to do so that I succeed. I have never succeeded just because I have incredible willpower. I have very little willpower actually. What I do have is an infinitely powerful God who can do amazing things through me if I just am a willing vessel. Sometimes we think that this only applies to big things, but I believe that this applies to every aspect of life. Even something as seemingly small as wanting to be self-disciplined to get healthy and lose some weight. God cares about that. I know He does. He has given me the tools I need, I just have to use them.
I am going to try to write in my blog more often. It is a good outlet and I miss writing. =) Be blessed and if you have any feedback or ideas please comment and share them with me!
-Jessie
Comments