Indescribable God.
It's been a long time since I wrote a journal entry on here. I feel like I need to fill you in on some things God has been doing in my life lately. =) First of all, I just finished GTCC today! I did my last test and in a few days I will hold my diploma in my hands saying that I have my Associates in Arts. It's not much but it's a stepping stone and it feels good to have at least one step under my belt. Now on to the next step. The last thing I posted on here talked about how I struggle to hear God' voice in my life and that I had no idea where I was going next. I am happy to say that, though I still sometimes struggle with understanding what God has for me, I do have some more direction for my life now! I'm so very excited! I won't tell the entire story, because it would take too long, but the end result is that God has directed me to go to YWAM in Amsterdam and do their DTS (Discipleship Training School). I have known for awhile now that I am called to work with people who have been trafficked. God put that passion in me but until recently I had no idea where I was supposed to apply it. YWAM Amsterdam is located right near the infamous Red Light District, where prostitution is legal and every form of perversion is displayed openly for onlookers to gawk at. As scary as it is for me to say, that is where I know I am called. These people, specifically the girls who are there because they have no choice, NEED Jesus. Amsterdam prides itself on being the city of tolerance, but it is rotten to its very core and its people desperately need Jesus. I am incredibly humbled that God has called me to be used as a vessel to share His love with these people! I know that I am not prepared yet, I still have so so much more to learn! I can't wait to be there though! The tentative plan right now is for me to go there in January of 2011. The DTS is 6 months long, and then I would be eligible to apply to be on staff. I would LOVE to be on staff there, and as God directs me I want to apply for a staff position when I finish. That would mean coming home to raise support, because staff members or YWAM are not paid. I don't know for sure, but when I come home to raise support I want to get my RN so I have a way to make decent money whenever I'm in the States. (I also love the medical field, working as a CNA for so many years has taught me so much and I want to have the skills to help people).
There, I've said it. This is something that has been on my mind for months now but I didn't feel released to share it with anyone until recently. I can't wait to go! Ever since the Lord directed me to this I have been so restless in my spirit to be there! Nonetheless, I am here right now and I want to learn as much as I can and grow to be as much like Jesus as I can before I go! There are no words for how extremelly excited I am that I am on this new adventure in my walk with Jesus. He surprises me all the time and never ceases to rock my world and leave me on my knees in awe of who HE is. I wish human language had an adjective that could adequately describe God but at the same time I love that He is indescribable. What an AWESOME God I serve! =)
Alrighty, I have to work in the morning so it's high time I headed to bed. Be blessed!
-Jessie
(P.S) Some prayer requests..
That God would continue to solidify my foundation so that I am unshakable in my faith.
Finances to go to YWAM. It's expensive!
That I would put others first and live an unselfish life.
Wisdom and discernment for the near future!
Please also pray for my friend Sarah, who is serving as a missionary in France right now!
Thanks so much!!!
There, I've said it. This is something that has been on my mind for months now but I didn't feel released to share it with anyone until recently. I can't wait to go! Ever since the Lord directed me to this I have been so restless in my spirit to be there! Nonetheless, I am here right now and I want to learn as much as I can and grow to be as much like Jesus as I can before I go! There are no words for how extremelly excited I am that I am on this new adventure in my walk with Jesus. He surprises me all the time and never ceases to rock my world and leave me on my knees in awe of who HE is. I wish human language had an adjective that could adequately describe God but at the same time I love that He is indescribable. What an AWESOME God I serve! =)
Alrighty, I have to work in the morning so it's high time I headed to bed. Be blessed!
-Jessie
(P.S) Some prayer requests..
That God would continue to solidify my foundation so that I am unshakable in my faith.
Finances to go to YWAM. It's expensive!
That I would put others first and live an unselfish life.
Wisdom and discernment for the near future!
Please also pray for my friend Sarah, who is serving as a missionary in France right now!
Thanks so much!!!
Comments