New Years Resolutions

It seems like everyone makes New Years Resolutions. It also seems like no one keeps them. Some people decide to forget the whole thing and not make resolutions at all. I, on the other hand, make at least one every year. Sometimes the resolutions I come up with are super serious, sometimes they are more fun. It all depends on what was going on in my life at the time. Some people thing it's silly to make a resolution every year when the chance of keeping it is so slim. I say, it's better to have goals that you may fail, than to have no goals at all. This is why I make a resolution every year. It is healthy to have goals, things to work towards. The key for me has been to make realistic goals. No silly goals about how many pounds I want to lose in a year or anything like that. The resolutions I make are specific, attainable, and in accomplishing them I will (in theory) become a better person.

This year I had a hard time deciding what my resolutions should be. The Lord has been revealing to me some things within myself that need to not be there, I am often rude out or preoccupation with other things, and I am guilty of being too wrapped up on my own life to concern myself with the lives of others. This year, I have several resolutions all wrapped into one.

1)Be kinder to everyone I meet.
2)Purpose to see other through the eyes of Christ
3)Seek the kingdom of God above and before everything else.

I also added one more. A few weeks ago I did a 5k as a class assignment. A 5k is only 3 miles, but being as out of shape as I am it was very difficult. I felt really motivated when it was over though, and wanted to start running. Really running. So, I have decided to
train (aka begin running and work my way up to where it's not hard anymore) all year so that by December 2010 I can run the same 5k I did in 2009, but in half the time. This is the first time I've ever made an athletic goal like this, so I'm nervous but really excited. The first thing I need to do is buy some decent running shoes! I already go to the gym so now I just need to alter my workouts so that I increase my endurance and strength in the right areas. =) A bonus to this goal is that it should help me lose some more weight! I'm really excited!

It's 11:11pm, which is funny to me, because I don't wish on certain times like some people do, but I always seem to notice the time when it's 11:11. Either way, it's time for bed! =)

Happy 2010! Hope yours is great and I pray you would seek Jesus above and before everything else!

-Jessie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bucket List