Packing my bags. =)
It's definitely beyond time for me to move away.
For those of you who've been through this before.. you know how after high school a lot of people leave and you're one of the few that stayed in town for college, then everyone moves on and makes new friends or they change and aren't the same person you thought you knew, etc... that's sort of where I am.
Here's my thought process:
1) There is so much more to the world than where I am right now.
2) I'm not a kid anymore. It's time to branch out and make some plans and dreams of my own.
3) My parents are great, but we disagree on some key points. We can agree to disagree, but when I still live in their house, they feel they still have some say in how I live my life.
4) I can count the friends I have here on one hand. And the ones I do have are either moving away soon too, or will still be my friend if I'm not around all the time.
5) There are other beautiful parts of the world besides North Carolina. I could be happy somewhere else.
6) I really could be happy somewhere else. I don't need to stay where I've always known to be happy. It's time to move out of my comfort zone.
7) I want to stretch myself. I've lived here since I was 6 years old, and the one time I left for awhile it did not go well for me.. it's time to move on!
So.. yeah.. now for ideas.. where should I go? Kansas City is looking really amazing right now, despite how flat and ugly it is rumored to be.. if you know what is in KC that I like... you'll understand. Berea, Kentucky looks kind of interesting too... mainly for the college there that offers free tuition. Oh and then there's always Boone.. or maybe Pennsylvania. Or perhaps I could go really nuts and move to Spain. Yep. Or possibly I'll stow away in Sarah's suitcase and go to France with her. =) Yes.. I live this plan.
It's time. I can feel it and I'm getting antsy. =/ I love my family.. I love NC, but it's just a place. Nothing more. I shouldn't be so attached to some place that isn't going to be my permanent home anyways. As for my family, they will be my family wherever I am. And I can come visit. =)
So.. I'll let you know if I come up with anything brilliant. =)
(P.S) I was kidding about going in Sarah's suitcase.. although if I could do it without dying during the flight or getting arrested upon arrival I probably would. =)
For those of you who've been through this before.. you know how after high school a lot of people leave and you're one of the few that stayed in town for college, then everyone moves on and makes new friends or they change and aren't the same person you thought you knew, etc... that's sort of where I am.
Here's my thought process:
1) There is so much more to the world than where I am right now.
2) I'm not a kid anymore. It's time to branch out and make some plans and dreams of my own.
3) My parents are great, but we disagree on some key points. We can agree to disagree, but when I still live in their house, they feel they still have some say in how I live my life.
4) I can count the friends I have here on one hand. And the ones I do have are either moving away soon too, or will still be my friend if I'm not around all the time.
5) There are other beautiful parts of the world besides North Carolina. I could be happy somewhere else.
6) I really could be happy somewhere else. I don't need to stay where I've always known to be happy. It's time to move out of my comfort zone.
7) I want to stretch myself. I've lived here since I was 6 years old, and the one time I left for awhile it did not go well for me.. it's time to move on!
So.. yeah.. now for ideas.. where should I go? Kansas City is looking really amazing right now, despite how flat and ugly it is rumored to be.. if you know what is in KC that I like... you'll understand. Berea, Kentucky looks kind of interesting too... mainly for the college there that offers free tuition. Oh and then there's always Boone.. or maybe Pennsylvania. Or perhaps I could go really nuts and move to Spain. Yep. Or possibly I'll stow away in Sarah's suitcase and go to France with her. =) Yes.. I live this plan.
It's time. I can feel it and I'm getting antsy. =/ I love my family.. I love NC, but it's just a place. Nothing more. I shouldn't be so attached to some place that isn't going to be my permanent home anyways. As for my family, they will be my family wherever I am. And I can come visit. =)
So.. I'll let you know if I come up with anything brilliant. =)
(P.S) I was kidding about going in Sarah's suitcase.. although if I could do it without dying during the flight or getting arrested upon arrival I probably would. =)
Comments