God is sooo good!!!
My heart is bursting right now. =) God is SOOO good!!! Wow He really comes through!! =) It makes me super excited!
My best friend, Bekah's family is one of the most incredible, godly families I know. I could go on and on about them but instead I'll just tell you this one story. There are 10 children in their family, and as a family they have adopted Ecuador as their missions country. Over 4 years ago (I don't remember the exact dates) they decided to adopt a little boy from Quito, Ecuador. Eddie. Eddie has downs syndrome. I have never met Eddie but have been told that he is the sweetest little boy you will ever meet, and that he is a joy to be around. A gift from God. Bekah's family began the normal adoption process, did everything they were supposed to do, but encountered HUGE amounts of opposition from multiple sources. The Ecuador government, the adoption agency, etc. It's been a long road, and they heard so many times, "You're almost finished, you can bring him home this date." Each time something happened to lengthen the process. Over the years I have watched their family never give up hope that they would finally be able to bring Eddie home. I watched them after the disappointment of yet another delay time and time again. It was so hard to watch. But God is faithful!!! Eddie finally came home!! This past weekend they were finally able to sign the final papers and bring Eddie home!! Their are no words to describe how excited I am for Bekah's family!! =) They persevered through trials that many would have caused most to give up. I can't believe Eddie is finally home!! It's feels like a dream and I am so so excited to finally get to meet Eddie!!!!!! =) Yay!!! Thank you God for coming through!!
On a smaller note, God has done so many great things in my life! A few months ago I started getting lazy about reading my Bible, and about spending time with the Lord. What became of that was that I settled into complacency. I became comfortable and content with a mediocre life. I wasn't doing anything terribly wrong, but definitely not bearing and fruit either. I went to a conference this past weekend with a very good friend of mine. Wow. The first night, on the way there I was in a bad mood, and everything my friend did was getting on my nerves even though she wasn't doing anything wrong. I was just being moody. I also had an awful headache so that made me even more grumpy than usual. haha. We arrived at the conference and I wanted to be anywhere but there at that point in time. The lights dimmed, the music began. Service started and all around me hundreds of other people, young and old alike, worshiped Jesus together. I got mad at myself for letting my bad mood mess things up so I left my seat and stood in the back alone. I started praying and crying out of pure frustration. I knew what it was like to feel God's presence and I was painfully aware that my sinful attitude was keeping me from experiencing what God had for me. Long story short, I cried out to God and through many tears and me telling God I couldn't do it, I repented and gave it to God through my desperation. It was incredible, because this all happened within the span of 10 minutes, and in that one moment I realized that NOTHING else matters but HIM. God spoke to me through the words in the music and in my own mind and in that moment I really got it. Wow, talk about mind blowing. God rocked my world that one night. I can't describe how amazing it was. I felt like that night, during worship I got a teeny glimpse into what heaven is going to be like. Continual worship of our savior. Except better because I won't get tired from standing for so long, and I won't lose my voice from singing at the top of my lungs. I won't ever get tired or want to stop glorifying in Jesus and the complete ecstasy that I experienced from that night will never end. HOLY COW!!!!! That blows my mind!! I can't even begin to wrap my head around that!! WOOO!!! Jesus hurry up and come back because I can't wait!! =)
On an even smaller note, (because God cares about the small things too), God has really come through for me with school. Okay, I'm generally a good student. For most of my classes if I pay attention in class I get good grades. I had a 4.0 last semester. I don't say that to pat myself on the back but to provide some background. I'm failing my math class at this very moment. I have A's in every other class but that one. As you can imagine this is kind of embarrassing for me. After my midterm, I purposed to study harder so that I can bring my grade up. I have been studying, but because I got lost earlier in the semester it's been really hard to catch up since I don't have a good foundation. I had another test yesterday, and was so sure I'd done better but ended up failing it too. Last night I got really depressed over this and started entertaining some really depressing thoughts. I then realized that if I fail math, my GPA will go down A LOT, which will in turn do several things. I won't get a lot of the scholarships I've applied for, and I'll have to retake the class which means instead of graduating from GTCC in one more semester it would be 2 more semesters which delays my college career even more than it already has been delayed. Needless to say I got really depressed! I even looked online to see if the same class was offered at a time next semester where I could add it to my already heavy course load. They were all full already. I started coming up with excuses I could tell my teacher to try to convince him to either bring my grade up or drop me from the class so it wouldn't hurt my GPA. Neither sounded very appealing or convincing. I spent my evening last night feeling sorry for myself and feeling like my life was ending. I went to work this morning sad, and came home overwhelmed at the thought of all the studying I had to do to even attempt to pass with a C. God came through still. I happen to have a friend who is a math genius and just graduated with his Bachelors in Science and Math. I know.. odd., but somehow he gets and likes math. I don't ask questions. Anyways, he saw my angry and depressed facebook status about my math class and offered to help. Long story short I met him tonight at Panera and he went over and oh so patiently explained about half a semesters worth of math to me in about 2 and 1/2 hours. Okay so yes my brain is a little tired right now but it wasn't overwhelming, I understood everything and I took good notes. I feel so much better and I have some direction as to what to study. It doesn't feel like such a mountainous task anymore and I feel like I really can pass my math class after all! haha. On the drive home tonight I was thinking about it and had an epiphany. =) God cares enough about me to help me in my time of need. Even when my "need" was only to pass my math class. Then I realized how silly I'd been to waste so much time stressing and being depressed about how failing math would end my life as I know it. haha. Just kidding. God is so faithful and good. =)
So that's my story, I so excited and thankful right now. =) I still have tons of work to do with math, but it's doable now, and I understand it. Now it's just a matter of practicing it over and over again till I know it well enough to be able to solve the problems in my sleep. haha. Or at least without looking at my notes. =) Yay Jesus!
K I'm going to bed. I have church tomorrow, work 3-11, and a paper to write. Yep, just another normal, busy day for me! Thank goodness Jesus helps me because there's no way I could do it on my own!! =) Yay Jesus!!!
-Jessie
My best friend, Bekah's family is one of the most incredible, godly families I know. I could go on and on about them but instead I'll just tell you this one story. There are 10 children in their family, and as a family they have adopted Ecuador as their missions country. Over 4 years ago (I don't remember the exact dates) they decided to adopt a little boy from Quito, Ecuador. Eddie. Eddie has downs syndrome. I have never met Eddie but have been told that he is the sweetest little boy you will ever meet, and that he is a joy to be around. A gift from God. Bekah's family began the normal adoption process, did everything they were supposed to do, but encountered HUGE amounts of opposition from multiple sources. The Ecuador government, the adoption agency, etc. It's been a long road, and they heard so many times, "You're almost finished, you can bring him home this date." Each time something happened to lengthen the process. Over the years I have watched their family never give up hope that they would finally be able to bring Eddie home. I watched them after the disappointment of yet another delay time and time again. It was so hard to watch. But God is faithful!!! Eddie finally came home!! This past weekend they were finally able to sign the final papers and bring Eddie home!! Their are no words to describe how excited I am for Bekah's family!! =) They persevered through trials that many would have caused most to give up. I can't believe Eddie is finally home!! It's feels like a dream and I am so so excited to finally get to meet Eddie!!!!!! =) Yay!!! Thank you God for coming through!!
On a smaller note, God has done so many great things in my life! A few months ago I started getting lazy about reading my Bible, and about spending time with the Lord. What became of that was that I settled into complacency. I became comfortable and content with a mediocre life. I wasn't doing anything terribly wrong, but definitely not bearing and fruit either. I went to a conference this past weekend with a very good friend of mine. Wow. The first night, on the way there I was in a bad mood, and everything my friend did was getting on my nerves even though she wasn't doing anything wrong. I was just being moody. I also had an awful headache so that made me even more grumpy than usual. haha. We arrived at the conference and I wanted to be anywhere but there at that point in time. The lights dimmed, the music began. Service started and all around me hundreds of other people, young and old alike, worshiped Jesus together. I got mad at myself for letting my bad mood mess things up so I left my seat and stood in the back alone. I started praying and crying out of pure frustration. I knew what it was like to feel God's presence and I was painfully aware that my sinful attitude was keeping me from experiencing what God had for me. Long story short, I cried out to God and through many tears and me telling God I couldn't do it, I repented and gave it to God through my desperation. It was incredible, because this all happened within the span of 10 minutes, and in that one moment I realized that NOTHING else matters but HIM. God spoke to me through the words in the music and in my own mind and in that moment I really got it. Wow, talk about mind blowing. God rocked my world that one night. I can't describe how amazing it was. I felt like that night, during worship I got a teeny glimpse into what heaven is going to be like. Continual worship of our savior. Except better because I won't get tired from standing for so long, and I won't lose my voice from singing at the top of my lungs. I won't ever get tired or want to stop glorifying in Jesus and the complete ecstasy that I experienced from that night will never end. HOLY COW!!!!! That blows my mind!! I can't even begin to wrap my head around that!! WOOO!!! Jesus hurry up and come back because I can't wait!! =)
On an even smaller note, (because God cares about the small things too), God has really come through for me with school. Okay, I'm generally a good student. For most of my classes if I pay attention in class I get good grades. I had a 4.0 last semester. I don't say that to pat myself on the back but to provide some background. I'm failing my math class at this very moment. I have A's in every other class but that one. As you can imagine this is kind of embarrassing for me. After my midterm, I purposed to study harder so that I can bring my grade up. I have been studying, but because I got lost earlier in the semester it's been really hard to catch up since I don't have a good foundation. I had another test yesterday, and was so sure I'd done better but ended up failing it too. Last night I got really depressed over this and started entertaining some really depressing thoughts. I then realized that if I fail math, my GPA will go down A LOT, which will in turn do several things. I won't get a lot of the scholarships I've applied for, and I'll have to retake the class which means instead of graduating from GTCC in one more semester it would be 2 more semesters which delays my college career even more than it already has been delayed. Needless to say I got really depressed! I even looked online to see if the same class was offered at a time next semester where I could add it to my already heavy course load. They were all full already. I started coming up with excuses I could tell my teacher to try to convince him to either bring my grade up or drop me from the class so it wouldn't hurt my GPA. Neither sounded very appealing or convincing. I spent my evening last night feeling sorry for myself and feeling like my life was ending. I went to work this morning sad, and came home overwhelmed at the thought of all the studying I had to do to even attempt to pass with a C. God came through still. I happen to have a friend who is a math genius and just graduated with his Bachelors in Science and Math. I know.. odd., but somehow he gets and likes math. I don't ask questions. Anyways, he saw my angry and depressed facebook status about my math class and offered to help. Long story short I met him tonight at Panera and he went over and oh so patiently explained about half a semesters worth of math to me in about 2 and 1/2 hours. Okay so yes my brain is a little tired right now but it wasn't overwhelming, I understood everything and I took good notes. I feel so much better and I have some direction as to what to study. It doesn't feel like such a mountainous task anymore and I feel like I really can pass my math class after all! haha. On the drive home tonight I was thinking about it and had an epiphany. =) God cares enough about me to help me in my time of need. Even when my "need" was only to pass my math class. Then I realized how silly I'd been to waste so much time stressing and being depressed about how failing math would end my life as I know it. haha. Just kidding. God is so faithful and good. =)
So that's my story, I so excited and thankful right now. =) I still have tons of work to do with math, but it's doable now, and I understand it. Now it's just a matter of practicing it over and over again till I know it well enough to be able to solve the problems in my sleep. haha. Or at least without looking at my notes. =) Yay Jesus!
K I'm going to bed. I have church tomorrow, work 3-11, and a paper to write. Yep, just another normal, busy day for me! Thank goodness Jesus helps me because there's no way I could do it on my own!! =) Yay Jesus!!!
-Jessie
Comments