I am such a sinful human being. I look for fulfillment in all the wrong places and try to fill the holes inside of me with things that don't fit. I see that they don't fit and yet I force them into place, trying to make them fit anyways, but all I accomplish is to make the holes bigger with all my struggling.

The funny (or not so funny) thing is that I already know the road to fulfillment, and the recipe to fill the holes inside me. I know the answer, but it means sacrificing my pride, and I am only human. A filthy, prideful, arrogant, fallen human.

Some days I do the right thing. Some days it's easier to do the right thing too. But some days I do the wrong thing. And then some days I just don't give hoot who sees what I do, or how I do it, I just want to be left alone in my selfishness. Sometimes I push people away. Sometimes I push my Jesus away.

I would be fooling myself if I said that I was turning over a new leaf. If I told you that things were going to change from now on, and that I wasn't going to keep making the same mistakes, it would only make me a bigger liar. You see, I have absolutely no power to change myself. About the only thing I do have the power or strength to do is to run to Jesus and beg for his forgiveness. I feel like the prodigal son. I am not worthy to be called God's daughter, but if only I could act as a servant. The fact that my God loves me so much to welcome me back with open arms and put his best robe on me and prepare a feast in my honor, simply because I came home, is mind boggling to me. I want to scream to the heavens, "WHY DID YOU CHOOSE ME?!?!?" Why me, when surely there are others out there who are much more deserving? Why me, when I'm so likely to run away again?

I will never understand the ways of God. Thank goodness he doesn't think like me!! How perfect and amazing is it that God's ways are above mine?

"Now all glory to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or even think." Ephesians 3:20

God's power in me and through me, is the ONLY thing that allows me to live a godly life. Through my ineptness and weakness God's incredible strength and magnitude are made known! Even when I fail, which has been a lot lately, God doesn't fail to forgive me and welcome me back with open arms. Thank you Lord!!!!!!!!!!

I want to shout and scream it from the highest mountains! My God is WORTHY to be praised and no other god even comes close to matching my infinite, majestic, amazing, fantastic, holy, forgiving, just powerful, and mighty, loving God!!!

God forgive me for being ashamed of you! Forgive me for giving in to peer pressure and for caring more about what others thought of me than what you think! Forgive my shortcomings and create in me a clean heart! Pour yourself into me that I may be more like you!

-Jessie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bucket List