The desires of my heart
A few days ago I was talking to my mom, catching up on life in a few quiet moments at home. I shared with her that I have felt restless lately. I feel that too much of what I do with my time is for me, and not enough of what I do is focused outward. I want to go places and do things. I also shared with my mom how much I want to travel. I sometimes feel stuck where I am, and I want to see other places.
Every year about this time my parents begin asking us what we want for Christmas. When I was younger it was simple to tell them what I wanted. Now that I'm older I find I want fewer things. haha. It's been interesting growing up, but that's another story. The reason I mentioned this, is that I was really having a hard time coming up with something, until finally I jokingly told my mom she should get me a plane ticket to somewhere. I was half joking, half hoping that would be possible.
I hadn't really thought about it since, but today I spent some time with a really good friend, and she invited me to go on a trip with her after Christmas that will include a day trip to NYC. =) I'm so excited! On top of that this weekend I'm going to get to visit my best friend at her school in PA.
I was thinking about this recent turn of events tonight, and Psalms 37:4 popped into my head. I got really excited because my heart's desire to travel and see the world isn't necessarily life changing or anything, but God still saw fit to give me the desires of my heart. This show of God's love for me blesses me so much! It's so exciting that God cares enough about me to care about something so small and seemingly trivial. =)
One another note, this morning a visiting missionary from Panama preached in church today. He was a really good speaker, not because he was terribly eloquent, but because he was so passionate about everything he said. It was funny because when he first began speaking, I was apprehensive because he was quiet, soft spoken, not very interesting, but as soon as he began talking about his ministry he got really animated and was really well spoken. It was amazing how he transformed. Not only that but what he talked about was so amazing, and made me was to go places all over again. My desire to travel isn't just rooted is selfish desires to see the world, I want to do missions work as well, I'm just not really sure where yet. =) It was so exciting to hear from a missionary who was so excited about what he does for the Lord. =)
Okay I'm done. I apologize that this particular blog is very unorganized, haha. I'm kind of scatterbrained right now.
Yay Jesus!
-Jessie
Every year about this time my parents begin asking us what we want for Christmas. When I was younger it was simple to tell them what I wanted. Now that I'm older I find I want fewer things. haha. It's been interesting growing up, but that's another story. The reason I mentioned this, is that I was really having a hard time coming up with something, until finally I jokingly told my mom she should get me a plane ticket to somewhere. I was half joking, half hoping that would be possible.
I hadn't really thought about it since, but today I spent some time with a really good friend, and she invited me to go on a trip with her after Christmas that will include a day trip to NYC. =) I'm so excited! On top of that this weekend I'm going to get to visit my best friend at her school in PA.
I was thinking about this recent turn of events tonight, and Psalms 37:4 popped into my head. I got really excited because my heart's desire to travel and see the world isn't necessarily life changing or anything, but God still saw fit to give me the desires of my heart. This show of God's love for me blesses me so much! It's so exciting that God cares enough about me to care about something so small and seemingly trivial. =)
One another note, this morning a visiting missionary from Panama preached in church today. He was a really good speaker, not because he was terribly eloquent, but because he was so passionate about everything he said. It was funny because when he first began speaking, I was apprehensive because he was quiet, soft spoken, not very interesting, but as soon as he began talking about his ministry he got really animated and was really well spoken. It was amazing how he transformed. Not only that but what he talked about was so amazing, and made me was to go places all over again. My desire to travel isn't just rooted is selfish desires to see the world, I want to do missions work as well, I'm just not really sure where yet. =) It was so exciting to hear from a missionary who was so excited about what he does for the Lord. =)
Okay I'm done. I apologize that this particular blog is very unorganized, haha. I'm kind of scatterbrained right now.
Yay Jesus!
-Jessie
Comments