the barbarian way

Today I started reading "The Barbarian Way," by Erwin Raphael McManus. I haven't gotten very far in it, but it looks like the premise of the book is basically that the call to follow Jesus is by no means civilized. The book says that following Jesus is almost barbaric in a way, and that today's Christians have packaged up their faith into a nice little box to make it attractive to others instead of showing it for the wild, passionate romance that it is. I can't wait to read more of this book, and just the little bit that I've read has really got me thinking. It's so true, my faith is nicely packaged. I put God in a box and that's not how He is at all.

So here's my question, what are some ways to not put God in a box? How do you follow the barbarian way?

I'm going to continue reading, and I'll let you know what I come up with. If you have any thoughts on this please let me know. =) Thanks!

-Jessie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bucket List