something meaningful.

I cannot tell you how relieved I am to have a break, albeit a short one, from school. It feels so good to not have homework due in the morning. haha. 

Now that I'm on break though, I hardly know what to do with myself. Before school got out, I made all these plans to spend my summer going to the gym a TON and then working on my room. I just redecorated my room, and I want to add things to it that are from me. I want to go to Michael's and get creative. 

Now that summer is here I suddenly feel the urge to just be lazy and waste my summer. What's so wrong with spending my summer watching movies and sleeping in?

Well, technically there's nothing wrong with that. But there isn't a whole lot about that that is smart either. There's a saying that idle hands and the devil's tools. I really believe that. I think that there is something wrong with spending too much time doing nothing. Not that a break now and then isn't warranted, but I've learned that I have to be careful how many breaks I give myself, because one too many just leads to laziness. It's like I lose my motivation to live in a non-suicidal sort of way. Does that make sense or am I totally off my rocker here?

Anyway, I want to make sure that I spend my time not only relaxing and enjoying the break, but more importantly doing something worth while. That's not to say that what I do has to be boring. Just meaningful. For instance, going to the gym is meaningful for me. I NEED to lose weight and get healthy again. Doctor's orders. =/ I want to spend extra time studying and reading my Bible. It would be awesome if I could get a group of friends to do that with me over the summer. =)

A few other things I would like to do, like get creative with my room and learn how to really use my camera correctly. These things aren't a necessity, but they are healthy. Doing things with your hands, creating things, working towards a goal, those are things that are healthy, and in my opinion very important. The people I see who are the most content and fulfilled in their lives are the people who are actually out doing things. The people I know who waste their existence solely on entertainment and social outings are never satisfied. They always want more but look in all the wrong places. 

So on that note, I resolve to not waste my summer. I want to look back on the summer of 2009 and feel I accomplished something. I want to be able to say that I learned something. Maybe in the grand scheme of things my accomplishments will be small, but I know that they will be meaningful. =)

K it's late and I'm exhausted and going to bed. =) I'm headed to the gym tomorrow morning! Wish me luck! =)

-Jessie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bucket List